Southpaw has been serving the Tampa Bay area since 1996, and our veterinarians have a combined 60 years of medical experience with many species of animals from dogs and cats to birds, exotics, and wildlife. We are a comprehensive veterinary hospital that offers a wide range of quality animal health services from exams to modern diagnostics and surgeries. Some of the services we offer are routine medical, surgical, and dental care, along with nutritional counselling, ultrasound, laser therapy, and more. Here at Southpaw Animal Health we pride ourselves on our quality medicine and compassionate care. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
Responsibilities / Qualifications
As a Receptionist you will:
- Receive and place calls to clients for the purpose of scheduling.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, i.e. referral documentation, previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense prescription items per the veterinarian’s instructions, and schedule all future appointments.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Manage the financial needs of the hospital by maintaining accurate balances through collection of client transactions, following all cash and credit card handling procedures, and following proper opening and closing procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner.
- Advocate for pets through client education on preventative care, pet health needs, treatment recommendations and all other hospital services/procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, pets and other teammates.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Tampa, Florida, United States