South Devon Referrals is situated just outside Exeter in South Devon, close to the coast and Dartmoor. The practice is housed in a purpose-built facilities and sees a wide range of small animal, exotic and equine patients suitable for case exposure to maintain interest and experience in Ophthalmology.
South Devon Referrals is inviting applications from qualified veterinary surgeons for a full time or part time position in ophthalmology. The position could be 3-4 days a week with shared OOH 1:3 weekends and nights. The applicant should hold post graduate qualifications in ophthalmology and be at least an RCVS Advanced Practitioner. The successful candidate would be expected to take responsibility for inpatients, a clinical caseload (medical and surgical cases) and an equal proportion of on call.
You would be part of a 3 vet team, specialist lead (DVOphthal, DipECVO FRCVS), a second year ECVO resident plus new person to replace finishing 3rd year resident. 7 nurses and kennel assistant. (1 diploma holding nurse.)
• Be a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, or eligible for membership.
• Hold a UK recognised veterinary qualification.
• Be an RCVS advanced Practitioner or be eligible for application
• Have clinical experience as a first opinion veterinary surgeon.
• Have a good command of the English language is imperative to be able to function in clinical situations and interact with staff members and clients.
Want to know more about working for IVC? Check out our benefits!
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Email Rebecca at [email protected] or call 07970049413 for more information.
Devon, United Kingdom