Cultivate your passion for leadership as you join a team of exceptional Veterinary Professionals, committed to medical excellence in a compassionate and friendly environment. We have the opportunity to welcome a Hospital Manager who is ready to grow with our team and who will join us in the next exciting phase of our journey. We offer a Comprehensive Compensation Package, Pet Perks, and a fair Work-Life Balance!
Our Clinic Culture: At Gananoque Veterinary Clinic, we are a family that partners with pet parents to provide the level of care that allows a pet to have the longest, healthiest life possible. We have a friendly, small-town feel and get to know each other and our clients personally. Our well-educated team pulls together for the common goal of providing a consistent health care message.
Our Opportunity-Job Summary:
Leadership & Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Mediates all personnel problems, maintains employee motivation, and structure continuing education for support staff personnel. Assures that personnel is properly trained for the position.
- Participates in the planning and budget process; establishing goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages productivity & labor costs to budget.
- Maintains a thorough set of employment policies and employee manual.
- Provides authentic feedback on performance in a timely manner and follows up with progress.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OH&S compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
People Management & Client Service
- Partners with the Managing, Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff. Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Utilizes appropriate tools for analysis to achieve optimal client satisfaction from the hospital services and staff.
- in a professional and courteous manner.
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related degree is preferred.
- Experience in multi-functional operations including budget, labor, inventory, and staff management.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately while remaining flexible with assigned duties
- Supervisory and leadership experience-Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Reporting and data analysis, problem-solving, and resolution management skills.
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office suite (practice management software knowledge preferred).
Earliest Start Date:
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada