Rochester Veterinary Hospital is looking for a Hospital Manager to join our team!
At Rochester Veterinary Hospital we offer complete health care services to ensure your pets stay happy and healthy, including our physical examinations, individual vaccine assessments both whole body and dental x-ray capabilities, dental treatment, in house laboratory and full diagnostic procedures. Whether you have a new puppy or kitten or your companion is feeling its age, our veterinarians will provide you with the latest cutting edge technologies in veterinary medicine. Quality and cost are two main aspects to consider when choosing treatment for any member of your family. We work hard to balance those needs while providing the best possible care for your pet.
For more information, please visit us at: https://www.rochestervet.com/
Please do not contact the hospital directly and please send all applications through our portal.
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
• Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
• Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
• Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
• Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
• Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
• Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
• Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
• Supervisory and leadership experience.
• Reporting and data analysis.
• Problem solving and resolution management skills.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
• Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
• Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
• HR policies and protocol development.
• Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff.
• Conduct performance appraisals.
• Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
• Make decisions confidently and effectively.
• Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States