At Diamond Veterinary Hospital , we employ the finest veterinary professional to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of kindness and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant/Technician to assist the practitioners to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients and to aid the practitioners in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. In addition to the doctor(s), veterinary technicians and assistants report directly to the Practice Manager or Technician Team Leader.
- Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate a patient (if licensed tech).
- Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
- Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
- Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Perform dental cleanings.
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
- Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
- Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
- Support out other team members as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends & holidays.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
- Must be able to obtain Veterinary Medical Clerk or License Veterinary Technician license in WA
Earliest Start Date:
Everett, Washington, United States