The veterinary assistant is the entire team’s primary support. Every department relies on their significant role in aiding with a variety of services to provide excellent client and patient care. They work directly with our doctors, patients, and their owners. This is a very hands-on job that is fast paced, challenging, educational and rewarding. This position requires a cheerful, reliable, organized, motivated, people and pet oriented individual who wants to provide exceptional service to our clients and patients. If this is you, consider joining our team!
This position requires daytime, weekend, & holiday shifts.
Job Description Overview:
. Assist with patient care and treatment.
. Monitor/aid in the treatment and care of hospitalized & kenneled pets.
. Restrain animals during blood draws, nail trims, taking radiographs, etc.
• Maintain & sterilize surgical instruments/equipment.
• Clean/Disinfect cages, kennels, exam rooms, offices, lobby and treatment areas of hospital.
• Administering medications under Veterinarian/Vet Tech supervision.
• Feeding/bathing/walking animals.
• Helping clients with their pets and/or supplies.
• Must be 18yrs old or older
• Must be a self-starter, able to multitask and a team player.
• Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
• Prefer 1+ years of experience, but not required.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job. Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs.). Should be able to lift 40lbs on own.
. Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent or squatting position.
. Is experienced in the teamwork approach and works well with all levels of hospital team members.
If you are a hard-worker, enjoy a challenge, are passionate about animals and are interested in joining a team of highly devoted animal advocates, our hospital may be the right fit for you.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States