The veterinary assistant is the entire team’s primary support. Every department relies on their significant role in aiding with a variety of services to provide excellent client and patient care. We are looking for someone who is ready to work hard, have fun, and learn every day.
Job Description Overview:
The Veterinary Assistant assists the doctors to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work. The Veterinary Assistant assists in multiple procedures providing care for animals including physical examinations, immunizations, euthanasia as well as client education, marketing and inventory maintenance. This position requires a working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs, common diseases; their symptoms, means of transmission, treatment and prevention, and other basic preventative health care recommendations. This is an overview of the position and the job responsibilities listed do not encompass the entire position.
• Must be 18yrs old or older
• Must be a self-starter, able to multitask and a team player.
• Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
• 2+ years of veterinary experience.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job. Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs.). Should be able to lift 40lbs on own.
. Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent or squatting position.
. Is experienced in the teamwork approach and works well with all levels of hospital team members.
If you are passionate about animals and are interested in joining a team of highly devoted animal advocates, our hospital may be the right fit for you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States