Technician to add to their growing Team!
We provide comprehensive veterinary care to all creatures, great and small! Our Team of Veterinarians, Board Certified Specialist, and highly skilled veterinary professionals bring high quality medical care and top-notch customer service to our clients and patients. Our hospital is AAHA accredited and certified cat friendly – we are committed to maintaining high standards of practice at our hospital!
You can expect to see a variety of cases from common household pets such as cats, dogs, and exotics too! We offer a robust training schedule to ensure you feel comfortable every step of the way!
Assists the veterinarian with office visits and exams, takes care of the everyday needs of pets in the hospital and helps maintain the hospital facility, keeping it neat and clean.
Job Requirements/ Skills/ Physical Demands
An employee in this position must have a sense of caring for animals, be able to lift approximately 50 pounds, walk dogs of up to 130 pounds.
• Provide compassionate care for pets
• Assist veterinarian during wellness, sick, or drop-off exams including checking in patients, taking proper history, relying information to DVM efficiently and effectively, drawing up vaccines, and communicating patient wellness needs with client
• Demonstrates and promotes positive customer service experience.
• Restrain pets for veterinarians and technicians
• Assist in the taking of x-rays
• Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
• Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
• Clean cages, runs, boarding area and/or hospital facilities, including exam rooms, treatment room, exotics and isolation area, employee lounge, bathrooms and doctor’s office
• Complete follow up phone calls daily
• Collect, prepare and label samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination
• Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers
• Answer phones as needed
CENTENNIAL, Colorado, United States