Sunset Canyon Veterinary Clinic is located in Dripping Springs, Texas. Founded in 1993 as a two doctor practice serving the Dripping Springs area, our mixed animal practice has evolved and expanded into a multi-doctor veterinary hospital.
Companion animals, horses, livestock and exotic hooved stock compose the variety of patients seen at our veterinary practice. Clinical services offered are examinations, vaccinations, health screens and in house laboratory testing. Routine surgical procedures as well as extensive dentistry and certain orthopedic repairs are performed daily. We also offer special procedures such as artificial inseminations, endoscopy and ultrasound.
Sunset Canyon Veterinary Clinic’s mission is to provide our clients the best value in veterinary service and ensure our patients receive the highest level of comfort and care. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
The Veterinary Assistant is responsible for assisting veterinarians and veterinary technicians in the care of animals. The assistant will help maintain a clean, efficient, and healthy environment for animals being treated or boarded at the hospital. Veterinary assistants will also help restrain animals during procedures and keep treatment, exam and surgery rooms stocked with supplies.
- Assist doctors and vet techs with appointments, prep patients for surgery and minor procedures, and proactively set up any equipment and or tools to be used for a patient
- Collect laboratory samples such as fecal, urine, and ear cytology’s
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures
- Obtain accurate vital signs on patients
- Document any changes of a pet’s condition and vital signs appropriately in medical records and notify doctor or veterinary technicians of any unusual medical or behavioral problems
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital including kennels and runs, treatment areas, exam rooms, and surgery suite
- Properly clean and sterilize surgery packs
- Communicate with clients per hospital policy in a compassionate and professional way on either the status of their pet, or any questions they may have
- Perform other duties as assigned by doctors, receptionists, and veterinary technicians to assist in the smooth flow of the daily operation of the clinic
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED certificate with three (3) years’ experience as a Veterinary Assistant required
- Flexible schedule including availability to work weekends and some holiday shifts
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Cornerstone software preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must possess a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required.
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Dripping Springs, Texas, United States