Join the team at Sachem Animal Hospital!
We are a busy Suffolk County Veterinary Practice seeking a Full Time Veterinarian. The ideal candidate is energetic, a competent decision maker, has a positive attitude and can effectively communicate with clients and colleagues. We are a 4 doctor practice, conveniently located off the Long Island Expressway in Holbrook. We are a high quality, state-of-the-art hospital with Digital Radiography, Ultrasound, Dental and Digital Dental Radiography.
We offer a competitive salary, CE and other benefits. We are open 7 days a week with an experienced and friendly support staff.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Holbrook, New York, United States