Position: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Hospital: Danvers Animal Hospital
City, State: Danvers, Massachusetts
Danvers Animal Hospital is seeking an Associate Doctor of Veterinary Medicine to join our practice located in Danvers, Massachusetts. We are a growing, progressive, full service, 8 doctor, small animal and exotic practice on the beautiful North shore of Massachusetts. We are offering a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in quality medicine, surgery and urgent care cases.
We have an outstanding team of dedicated veterinarians, technicians, and receptionists. We strive to treat all of our patients with compassion and caring, adhere to the highest standards of exceptional veterinary medicine, have commitment to excellence, and provide our clients with exceptional personal service.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Doctor who enjoys practicing all disciplines of veterinary medicine and p ractice in accordance to state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics.
The Associate Veterinarian-under the guidance of the Medical Director-carries out our promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing to practice in the Massachusetts prior to start date
• A State Controlled Substance (SCS) License. If you do not already hold a SCS, Danvers Animal Hospital requires you to obtain this license after your start date and may reimburse this cost
• Once an associate has obtained their SCS, Danvers Animal Hospital will pay for your DEA license
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
• Highly competitive base salary
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Bonus Program
• 401(k) plan
• Paid Vacation and Sick Time
• Paid Holidays
• Continuing Education Allowance
• Career Growth Opportunities
• In-house Training
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Danvers, Massachusetts, United States