Asheville Veterinary Associates is seeking a well-rounded Associate Veterinarian to join our growing team!
Nestled in the heart of Asheville, NC, Asheville Veterinary Associates has provided state of the art veterinary care to a loyal and growing clientele for over 40 years. Our three doctor team is supported by a tenured and cohesively trained support staff, including three credentialed veterinary technicians! We are seeking a full time Associate Veterinarian. Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience, with an aptitude and love for soft tissue surgery. We are well equipped to reward your excellence with a competitive compensation package, including: competitive base salary, health, dental and vision insurance, annual CE funds, and 401K.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
About the Hospital:
- Digital full body radiology
- Advanced soft tissue and orthopedic surgery
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a current license of veterinary medicine and documentation of required hours of continuing education credits per calendar year.
- Oversees surgical and medical cases of patients, insuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates and client communication and education.
- Properly assesses patient needs and presents an accurate estimate of care costs to the client in advance of treatment.
- Maintains accurate and complete electronic medical records.
- Provides follow up on patient care, condition and communicates regularly with the client, keeping them appraised on the care needs of the patient.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor as appropriate.
- Maintains and improves quality of medical and surgical procedures.
- Answers client questions and complaints regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Follows the Board of Veterinary Medicine requirements for the inventory of all controlled drugs.
- Is accountable regarding laws and regulations pertaining to the practice of veterinary medicine and veterinary facilities.
- Is in good standing with the State Board of Veterinary Medicine.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Earliest Start Date:
Asheville, North Carolina, United States