Plaza Pet Clinic is a growing, increasingly fast-paced mixed animal veterinary clinic (we even see wildlife!) in Winchester, VA. We opened in 1989 as a satellite vaccine clinic to our sister clinic, Roseville Veterinary Clinic, in Boyce, VA. Over the years, Plaza Pet Clinic has grown to become a busy, full-service small animal general practice focusing on wellness/preventive care. We offer surgery, dentistry, and digital radiography, as well as ultrasound. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional care and service to our patients and clients.
Our team is comprised of friendly, smiling faces who are compassionate, dedicated, and positive. We really know how to make work seem like fun. If you are looking for a rewarding general practice opportunity where care and compassion come first, Plaza Pet Clinic may be the right place for you!
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Earliest Start Date:
Winchester, Virginia, United States