Established in 1992, Golden Grove Veterinary Hospital is South Australia’s only 24hr VSBSA accredited hospital. Located close to Adelaide city, beautiful beaches, the Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills wine regions, many good cafes and restaurants as well as recreation parks. The hospital continues to expand the range of care provided for patients. Our patient base is made up of 99% dogs/cats and the occasional exotic.
- 8 Veterinarians based at Golden Grove, ranging from 1 to 20+ years’ experience. Professional interests within the practice include canine and feline internal medicine, exotic and pocket pet medicine and surgery, oncology, emergency medicine, diagnostic imaging, neurology, orthopaedic surgery, dentistry, and behaviour therapy.
- Access to refer internally to our other 6 practices for services including oncology and rehabilitation services.
- A team of 15 competent and highly skilled Qualified Veterinary Nurses, one nurse on site 24hrs a day, 7 days a week
- Smart Flow integrated with RxWorks software
- 4 Consulting room
- 1 dedicated operating theatre
- 1 wetlab area for Dental procedures
- Equipment wise we have an ESAOTE MyLab Alpha Ultrasound, Honda HS-2100V Ultrasonic Scanner (aFAST machine), Karl Stortz Telepack VetX Video Endoscope, Digital CR Radiography, Dentistry equipment, Revolution 4DC Dental X-Ray, Suction Unit, Bair Huggers for patient warming, Oxygen Cages, Humidicrib, Syringe Pump, Tonometer, PetMap Blood Pressure Machine, BM5 patient monitors, Idexx Catalyst Machine, Idexx UA Analyser and Lasercyte machine.
We are open 24/7, however usual clinic hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 9am – 7pm
- Saturday: 9am – 1pm
- You are an established Vet with 2-5yrs small animal experience.
- You are excited to take on the role of delivering high-end healthcare in an environment of collaboration and excellence.
- You are keen to improve your skills under the mentorship of senior colleagues.
- You are an exceptional team player, working alongside and supporting your colleagues.
- Our Vets work a 38 hour week, including at least one day off per week and two 6hr weekend shifts per fortnight (most vets work 2 shifts on alternate weekends).
- On call, duties are mostly covered by our two permanent night Vets, with the remainder worked by day vets on a roster, currently approximately ten nights per year.
- After hours work attracts bonus payments commensurate with professional work done.
- Annual leave allowance is four weeks, plus one week of study leave per year.
You will enjoy the challenge of a wide and varied caseload which includes consulting, day surgery and hospitalised patient care every day, and will help direct a team of dedicated nurses to maintain our excellent standards. Our clients will appreciate your warmth and empathy, as you build trust and enable them to make well-informed decisions about the care of their pets. You are well organised and will keep up with your lab results and other paperwork efficiently.
We will reward your ability, expertise and progress with a generous salary which reflects your achievements and work. Biannual professional development planning meetings ensure we keep this updated. You will also receive membership to VIN, VetEducation webinars, and an employee assistance program helps you thrive professionally and personally in this new role.
Small animal practitioner
Earliest Start Date: