We are looking for a veterinary nurse to join our time on a full-time basis at Vet Dunedin – St Kilda & Mornington Vet Centre!
Both our veterinary clinics are BEST PRACTICE accredited.
BEST PRACTICE is a set of standards laid out by the New Zealand Veterinary Association. These standards cover standards of Service, facilities, equipment and management that are considered essential in Veterinary Practice in New Zealand.
Our veterinary clinics are fully equipped with examination rooms, diagnostic machines and pharmaceutical stores we provide on-the-spot assistance for nearly all pet health and medical needs.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective support to veterinarians in all aspects of veterinary nursing, including anaesthetic monitoring, animal handling, IV catheter placement and blood collection.
- Maintain an excellent level of patient care and customer service at all times, treating every patient as if they were your own.
- Maintain a consistently high level of organisation and cleanliness in the hospital and kennel areas at all times.
- Assist with reception and administration tasks as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Holds a Diploma of Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent) and min 2 years’ veterinary nursing experience or working towards a diploma.
- Ability to work well and multitask under pressure.
- A keen desire to deliver excellent standards of patient care and customer service at all times.
- Excellent general computer literacy.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A genuine love for animals and their people.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Small animal practitioner
Earliest Start Date:
Latest Start Date: