THE HOSPITAL & THE TEAM:
Vetfriends Chatswood is a purpose-built Hospital built just over 10 years ago which offers the latest in veterinary medicine and facilities. We are equipped with digital radiology, dental radiology and brand-new ultrasound on top of the usual toys including the full in-house laboratory. The veterinarians are supported by a wonderful team of experienced nurses who all share the passion of providing the gold standard care to our patients and clients. Our clientele is excellent who allows thorough workup of our patients. We are a gold level Cat-friendly clinic accredited by the International Society of Feline Medicine.
We are looking for a Part-time Veterinary Nurse to join our beautiful hospital here in Chatswood.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective support to veterinarians in all aspects of veterinary nursing, including anaesthetic monitoring, animal handling, IV catheter placement and blood collection.
- Maintain an excellent level of patient care and customer service at all times, treating every patient as if they were your own.
- Maintain a consistently high level of organisation and cleanliness in the hospital and kennel areas at all times.
- Weekdays: 8.00am-7.00pm
- Saturdays: 9.00am-4.00pm
The ideal candidate:
- Has a minimum of 1 years’ work experience as a fully qualified veterinary nurse.
- Ability to work well and multitask under pressure.
- A keen desire to deliver excellent standards of patient care and customer service at all times.
- Excellent general computer literacy.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A genuine love for animals and their people.
- Generous staff discounts for your own pets’ needs
- Hours can be flexible, no after-hours work required
- Free onsite staff parking
- Unlimited cuddles from our clinic cat
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date: