We are looking for a keen and amazing Nurse who has spent time in surgery at their clinic for the past 2 or more years.
Do you want to learn the surgical trade in a busy surgical department?
A successful candidate would have basic knowledge in anaesthetics and basic knowledge of commonly used Instruments. If you are wanting to move into specialist nursing and have a keen eye for aseptic technique and a willingness to learn, then we would love to meet you.
Our surgery service is growing, and we are seeking a motivated person to join the team. This person needs to be a team player, work well with others as well as be able to work autonomously, and can ensure the busy times on the surgery service run smoothly. To perform this role, you need to be highly organised and a forward planner, with excellent and clear communication skills.
- You will need to have a strong interest in surgical procedures and patient care.
- Previous referral surgical nursing experience is desirable, but not essential. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential though!
- Have knowledge of a wide range of surgical procedures and pre-and post-operative patient care.
- Excellent small-animal handling skills
- Passionate about providing exceptional patient and client care
- Conduct yourself in a manner that exhibits professionalism, excellent customer service and empathy for our clients who are often facing difficult situations.
- Can work autonomously with exceptional time management skills.
- You can also work harmoniously with other members of the hospital team
- Strong work ethic and friendly attitude
- Experience in different sedation and anaesthesia techniques for sick and critically ill patients must be a part of your skillset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Qualification: Certificate IV in Vet Nursing or Veterinary Technician degree with a minimum of four years’ experience.
- You have a willingness to learn
About the job:
- The surgery nurses are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the surgical service. This involves assisting with the assessment of patients, planning the day for these patients while liaising with the clinician in charge and other services, setting up for and assisting in a range of specialist surgical procedures, CT, radiography, charting and more.
- Nursing skills: placing intravenous and urinary catheters; including intravenous, urinary, phlebotomy, running internal and organising external diagnostic tests, performing high-quality radiographs, anaesthetic (including intubation) and intensive care monitoring, pre/post-operative care and more. We expect active participation in working together as a team for the benefit of our patients and clients. We give our nurses real responsibility in running and managing cases and the hospital.
- Keeping clients informed and happy – providing advice, answering questions and soothing their fears is a big part of the job
- The surgery nurse roster involves weekday and weekend shifts. Working some public holidays is a requirement of the position.
- Our people are important to us. We want our workplace to be a happy, healthy place where team integrity and care is first and foremost. A well-functioning team who provide strong support for each other is essential to a happy environment.
- We aim to be leaders in our fields.
- Respect for patients, clients, referring vets and each other is an important part of our values.
- We like shiny gadgets and have all the usual/expected gadgets and then some.
- We are professional – we hold ourselves to high standards and you should too. Accountability is a part of our DNA.
- We are a team of vets, nurses and support staff that are active in sharing knowledge and have a strong focus on continuous improvement in knowledge, skills and practices.
- We strive to provide the best medical care for our patients, treat clients with care and compassion whilst providing an enjoyable and supportive atmosphere for our staff.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Satellite location #1