Founded in 1996 by Dr. Stanley Creighton, National Veterinary Associates (NVA) is one of the world’s largest veterinary and pet care service companies. NVA owns over 1,000 locations in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Backed by JAB Investors, NVA has been rapidly growing, and looks to continue to execute its growth strategy via new acquisitions, advancing pet health technology, growing into ancillary business lines (i.e. pet boarding), and expanding in international markets. NVA’s culture supports the company mission: for the love of animals and the people who love them.
NVA is currently searching for a Support Technician (II) who will provide support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Responds to telephone, email and on line requests for technical support. Identifies, researches and resolves complex technical problems. Escalates vendor specific issues to vendors supports teams as necessary. Creates knowledge base articles for use but end-users to address common problems. Technical area of responsibility includes standardized technologies and systems. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. May coordinate with other teams or departments to resolve user problems. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. This position will require the ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, and occasional holidays as needed.
• Helpdesk and desktop support experience supporting users at all levels
• ITSM/Ticketing system experience
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server/Terminal Server 2008r2/2012/2016.
• Application support experience with Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Remote Desktop Management and Licensing, DNS and DHCP
• Supporting/troubleshooting MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
• Printer configuration and troubleshoot (Direct Connected & Networked)
• Familiarity with PC imaging software such as Acronis, Fog, Ghost
• Switches/routers/wireless networks (basic troubleshooting – Onsite & remote) – ability to traverse the first three layers of the OSI model in effectively troubleshooting
• Basic connectivity of laptops, PCs, etc.
• Mobile Device Configuration/Support (smart phone, tablet)
• Active Directory & Exchange (Accounts, Logins, Password Resets etc.)
• Strong documentation skills.
• Demonstrates good customer service skills and empathy.
• Professional presentation
• Great communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (Customer base may not be technically savvy)
• Ability to multi task
• Strong desire to solve problems and make things better
• Thinks clearly in difficult situations and know when to escalate and ask for help
• Ability to work calmly in urgent or stressful situations (Supporting hospitals where the end users could be in a panic/angry)
Field onsite experience preferred
• Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Professional presentation – the executives work in this office
• Great communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (main user base is vets who may not have any technical knowledge)
• Ability to multi task well
• Ability to think out of the box, troubleshoot and resolve/know when to escalate
• Able to work calmly in urgent situations
• Highly self-motivated
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
• Take initiative to make things better.
• Lead by example
NVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check and drug screen.
*This role is not open to receiving agency candidates and any contingent submissions will not be honored.
Plano, Texas, United States