Founded in 1996 by Dr. Stanley Creighton, National Veterinary Associates (NVA) is one of the world’s largest veterinary and pet care service companies. NVA owns over 1,000 locations in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Backed by JAB Investors, NVA has been rapidly growing, and looks to continue to execute its growth strategy via new acquisitions, advancing pet health technology, growing into ancillary business lines (i.e. pet boarding), and expanding in international markets. NVA’s culture supports the company mission: for the love of animals and the people who love them.
NVA is currently searching for a Service Desk Care Team Lead to provide support and first-level leadership to Service Desk team members. This role responds to telephone, email and on line requests for technical support as well as escalations from team members. Assigned to support and drive resolution on-going escalated issues. Technical area of responsibility includes standardized site technologies and systems as well as specialized systems. Documents, tracks, and monitors problems using applicable systems and tools. Coordinates with other teams, vendors or specialists to resolve systemic or crisis-oriented issues. Responsible for ensuring the efficient ticket flow and handling within team. Trains and coaches less experienced team members. Has gained expertise in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Monitors team KPIs and coaches achievement of SLAs.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead a high performing Service Desk Team focused on ensuring NVA locations within your Division(s) receive World Class Service. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Provide front line support to sites working incidents and requests through all channels as needed.
- Manage payroll and PTO approvals for direct reports, ensuring adequate staffing for each Division.
- Ensure continuous improvement and exceptional service delivery by maintaining a high-performance team, maximizing process efficiencies, ensuring all associates have the proper tools, training, supervision and a safe working environment to be successful in their roles.
- Maintain a high-quality work environment for all employees, accountable for employee satisfaction drivers and results within the center personnel.
- Manage performance issues in a timely and professional manner and follow all steps of the disciplinary action process effectively to minimize risk.
- for consistently high performing associates to review performance and discuss career progression.
- Prepare and conduct yearly Performance Evaluations leveraging documented one on one data throughout the year to support ratings.
- Conduct associate call quality reviews weekly as assigned each month to ensure defined quality standards are met by all technicians.
- Monitor daily work activity to ensure staff and process efficiency, appropriate sense of urgency for high priority or escalated items all contributing to departmental Service Level goals and KPI’s.
- Build and promote strong relationships within your Division. Providing a single point of contact for all escalations. Build strong internal Technical Services partnerships to advocate and ensure resolution for all technical issues/needs within your Division.
- React with sense of urgency and purpose. Delegating where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Services or Management
- 5-7 years’ experience in IS problem management or call center management and 2 years supervisory experience
- ITIL v3 (or 4) Foundations Certified
- I TSM/Ticketing system experience
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and empathy
- Great communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (main user base is vets who may not have any technical knowledge)
- Professional presentation
- Outstanding communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (Customer base may not be technically savvy)
- Is respected by team members, looked to as a “go-to” person to resolve problems such as work flows or escalations
- Ability to multitask
- Driven to solve problems and make things better
- Always thinks clearly in difficult situations and knows when to escalate to management
- Always works calmly in urgent or stressful situations and can de-escalate contentious situations (Supporting hospitals where the end users could be in a panic/angry)
- Self-motivated and directed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Maintains relationships with NVA partners, vendors and suppliers to effect rapid solution escalation and resolution
- Aware of industry standards and trends
- Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Maintains awareness of team KPI performance and SLA achievement
- Drives toward exceeding expectations
- Always lead by example
NVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check and drug screen.
*This role is not open to receiving agency candidates and any contingent submissions will not be honored.