Founded in 1996 by Dr. Stanley Creighton, National Veterinary Associates (NVA) is one of the world’s largest veterinary and pet care service companies. NVA owns over 1,000 locations in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Backed by JAB Investors, NVA has been rapidly growing, and looks to continue to execute its growth strategy via new acquisitions, advancing pet health technology, growing into ancillary business lines (i.e. pet boarding), and expanding in international markets. NVA’s culture supports the company mission: for the love of animals and the people who love them.
NVA is currently searching for a Sr. Support Technician Lead to provide support and first-level leadership to Service Desk team members. This role responds to telephone, email and on line requests for technical support as well as escalations from team members. Assigned to support and drive resolution on-going escalated issues. Technical area of responsibility includes standardized site technologies and systems as well as specialized systems. Documents, tracks, and monitors problems using applicable systems and tools. Coordinates with other teams, vendors or specialists to resolve systemic or crisis-oriented issues. Responsible for ensuring the efficient ticket flow and handling within team. Trains and coaches less experienced team members. Has gained expertise in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Monitors team KPIs and coaches achievement of SLAs.
• Helpdesk and desktop support experience supporting users at all levels
• ITSM/Ticketing system experience
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server/Terminal Server 2008r2/2012/2016.
• Application support experience with Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Remote Desktop Management and Licensing, DNS and DHCP
• Supporting/troubleshooting MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
• Printer configuration and troubleshoot (Direct Connected & Networked)
• Experience conducting PC imaging using software such as Acronis, Fog, Ghost
• Experience in appropriate server resource allocation and analysis
• Hands-on troubleshooting of server hardware related problems such as CPU, RAM, and disk failures.
• Switching, routing and wireless networking (solid troubleshooting – Onsite & remote) – ability to traverse the OSI layer effectively in troubleshooting.
• Mobile Device Configuration/Support (smart phone, tablet)
• Active Directory & Exchange (Accounts, Logins, Password Resets etc.)
• Strong documentation skills.
• Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and empathy.
• Professional presentation
• Outstanding communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (Customer base may not be technically savvy)
• Is respected by co-workers and looked to as a “go-to” person to resolve specific problems.
• Ability to multi task
• Driven to solve problems and make things better
• Is respected by team members and is viewed as a “go-to” person to help with escalation or workflow.
• Always thinks clearly in difficult situations and knows when to escalate to management.
• Always works calmly in urgent or stressful situations and can de-escalate contentious situations (Supporting hospitals where the end users could be in a panic/angry)
• Self-motivated and directed.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Maintains relationships with NVA partners, vendors and suppliers to effect rapid solution escalation and resolution.
• Aware of industry standards and trends.
• Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Maintains awareness of team KPI performance and SLA achievement.
• Drives toward exceeding SLAs.
• Professional presentation – the executives work in this office
• Great communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (main user base is vets who may not have any technical knowledge)
• Ability to multi task well
• Ability to think out of the box, troubleshoot and resolve/know when to escalate
• Able to work calmly in urgent situations
• Highly self-motivated
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
• Take initiative to make things better.
• Lead by example.
NVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check and drug screen.
*This role is not open to receiving agency candidates and any contingent submissions will not be honored.
Plano, Texas, United States