Bark & Board – Brookhaven in Atlanta, GA is looking for an experienced General Resort Manager to join our team.
Bark & Board Brookhaven occupies a newly remodeled building featuring brand new luxury kennels, suites and play areas. Our bright lobby welcomes you and your pup to a different level of sophisticated care. Your dog’s first day of daycare is always free – and you’ll receive a customized report card so you’ll know how she did.
- Free-play, all day every day, with pups separated by size and activity level
- Early morning and late evening weekday hours allow for drop off and pick up flexibility
- Extended weekend hours – we’re here when you need us
- Great location for active, social dogs
- No daycare reservations required
- A wide variety of premium dog foods, all-natural treats, toys, leashes and collars. And we always have doggie ice cream available!
- Doggie & kitty cams so you watch your fur kids online or on your smart phone
Our ideal future team members have a strong background in human resources, finance and budget management, customer service, and leading a team. Veterinary or medical office management experience preferred.
For more information visit http://www.barkandboard.com/locations/2600-apple-valley-rd-ne-atlanta-ga-30319/ .
A Resort Manager (RM) is a leader and an integral member of the Resort management team. The Resort Manager reports to either the General Manager, or Senior General Manager, and together they provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs. The Resort Manager must maintain an exceptional level of customer service by developing strong Shift Leads and Team Members while leading and creating a resort culture based on Servant Leadership, high quality guest/pet care, and exceptional customer service for our internal and external customers.
Dependent on resort size, a Resort Manager can be assigned into one of 3 related positions. First, a Resort Manager manages the entire business as an assistant to the General Manager. The second is that the Resort Manager can be assigned to Pet Care (PCRM), which focuses on the back of house services such as pet safety/health, boarding, daycare and overall resort maintenance. A Resort Manager may also be assigned to Customer Service (CSRM), which focuses on front of house services such as marketing, check in/check out, retail, grooming and training.
Based in Greater Los Angeles, National Veterinary Associates (“NVA”) is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals and pet resorts in North America, with 700+ companion animal veterinary hospitals and pet resort locations.
NVA has grown rapidly over its history and continues to aggressively execute its growth plans via a combination of acquisition, new resort and same-store initiatives. NVA’s pet resorts business line competes in an $8+ billion industry that has grown over 5% year over year since 2015. As of 2019 over 67% of US households have a pet; industry growth has benefitted from the trends towards humanization of pets and demand for premium/luxury offerings in the animal care and goods space.
- Understands and communicates the companies’ mission, values, and objectives.
- Provides the direction, leadership and communication necessary to achieve sales results and operating plan goals for the site. Ensures the General Manager and yourself are communicating the same message and that the Shift Leads provide the same to the resort team members.
- Assists General Manager in creating a plan to drive and achieve resort quantitative objectives including: sales, labor, cost of goods sold and expense management.
- Communicates all shift issues, concerns and needs to the General Manager or Market Leader.
- Responsible for executing the operational excellence plan within their resort.
- Responds to directives in an accurate and timely manner and ensures the same compliance of the resort team. Acts as a champion for change.
- Recognizes and rewards outstanding performance of resort team members
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership behaviors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strives for the ultimate in resort customer service experiences and impressions. Maintain excellent customer service metrics such as NPS, Google Reviews, Callbox scores.
- Ensures site has adequate shift coverage at all times, while adhering to scheduling and labor guidelines.
- Oversees the recruiting, hiring and training practices to ensure quality of resort staff.
- Train resort teams to successfully handle service issues and intervenes when necessary.
- Motivates and mentors team members on providing the best pet parent experience through all stages of their journey to establish trust, create deliver and evaluate their experience.
- Educate and engage the community and resort customers on all of companies’ products and services.
- Adheres to and has knowledge of all company policies and procedures.
- Performs quality checks/reviews of client files. Monitors computer systems and resolves technical issues with key partners. Can help oversee employee benefits and/or insurance plans.
- Executes the plan to drive revenue, labor management, and controllable expenses.
- Maintains impeccable standards concerning resort maintenance, cleanliness and inventory.
- Regulates the ordering of inventory in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Coaches, counsels and directs Team Members. Lead the team in the execution of company standards through the NVA Pet Resort values to create an excellent customer experience. Provide performance feedback to Team Members.
- Leads and manage shifts while acting as manager in charge of resort. Determine business demands and make necessary staffing decisions in accordance with the site labor plans.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective shift operations and the overall operations of the resort.
- Follows all OSHA, cash handling and operations procedures and policies and ensure that resort team members are in compliance.
- Ensures that all team members have mastered the resort tasks/positions, meeting the company operating standards.
- Drives action plan for hot spot management and resort level actions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Responsible for the selection, development and performance of subordinate leads and all other site team members.
- Train and on-board new Team Members and Shift Managers on both front- and back-of-house procedures.
- Manages team performance through consistent feedback up to and including corrective action.
- Recruit and maintain a pipeline of qualified team members to meet the resort operation’s needs.
- Creates a culture of engagement by addressing team member concerns in a timely manner.
- Assists General Manager with tasks such as payroll and employee benefits/incentives.
- Assists the General Manager in creating and driving a resort plan that supports the execution of regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follow up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Utilize financial tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in sales and performance. This includes reconciling previous day’s receipts, monitoring petty cash, assisting in inventory, ordering and cost control strategies.
- Executes any corporate marketing plans, creates, and implements local market plans for marketing.
- Provides the direction and communication necessary to achieve sales results and site operating plan goals in partnership with the General Manager.
- Possess expert knowledge of the resort market area and the community. Engage and educate the community and the market area on company customer value proposition.
- Analyzes financial data to build on strengths, support weak areas and note any unusual occurrences. Trains Shift Managers in recognizing and influencing their business by understanding financial reports and acting on the knowledge. Ensures that all productivity numbers, sales and budgets are consistently met.
- Projects a professional image to resort team, clients, support center team and supervisors through dress code, demeanor and language.
- Move throughout the resort for extended periods (up to 10-12 hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50 feet.
- Understand and respond to team member and guest’s requests in a loud environment.
- Perform basic math, understand finances, and cost management.
- Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs/cats, serve customers, and clean the resort.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
As a Resort Manager with Pet Resorts, you must possess excellent written, verbal and hands-on employee management skills. Our ideal Resort Manager is an enthusiastic animal lover, a brand ambassador with a vested interest in the community. The Resort Manager should possess a commitment to personal development and an interest in learning about business operations, developing people, and driving revenue. You must be able to influence the direction of your resort, initiate community outreach through marketing and special events and drive superb customer satisfaction metrics.
Additional requirements for the Resort Manager include:
- High school degree or equivalent required; Desired: Bachelor’s degree equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years of customer service experience. Leading is a bonus.
- Availability to work up to 45-50 hours per week including holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to drive and manage/influence workplace change.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and point of sale software.
- Comfortable working in front of house and back of house roles within the resort.
- Valid Driver’s License, current insurance that includes comprehensive, collision coverage, and a vehicle you are willing to transport a pet in during an emergency.
- Restaurant management, retail management, veterinary management/experience and/or hospitality experience preferred.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.