We have a position available for a full-time vet with a special interest in small animal rehabilitation at Vets4Pets Northgate Hospital. Our practice continues to expand the range of care we provide for our patients and improve delivery of established services, including complex orthopaedics.
Recent equipment acquisitions at this VSBSA accredited hospital include a state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility comprising underwater treadmill, massage/physio, laser therapy and the assistance of an experienced rehabilitation nurse. Digital CR radiography is standard across the practice, as is air driven dentistry equipment, pulse oximetry etc.
About the role
You will enjoy the challenge of facilitating, managing, and promoting the rehabilitation services to our clientele and enjoy a consistent caseload of patients, most of which are post-op orthopaedic; as well as a wide and varied regular medical/surgical caseload which includes consulting, routine surgery/procedures and hospitalised patient care. Our clients will appreciate your warmth and empathy, as you build trust and enable them make well-informed decisions about the care of their pets. You are well organised and will keep up with your lab results and other paperwork efficiently. You are looking to stay in the position for at least the next couple of years.
- You are an established vet with a minimum 2-5yrs small animal experience who enjoys more consulting and relationship building with pet owners or/and
- A vet with experience in rehabilitation that can facilitate the delivery of this niche service to our clientele.
- You are excited to take on the role of delivering high-end healthcare in an environment of collaboration and excellence.
- You are keen to improve your skills under the mentorship of senior colleagues.
- You are an exceptional team player, working alongside and supporting your colleagues.
- Flexible working conditions 38 hour week Monday to Friday
- Annual leave allowance is four weeks, plus one week of study leave per year.
- We will reward your ability, expertise and progress with generous salary which reflects your achievements and work.
- Biannual professional development planning meetings ensure we keep this updated.
- You will also receive membership to VIN, VetEducation webinars, and an employee assistance program help you thrive professionally and personally in this new role.
For further information apply online or contact Lauren Richards in our Careers Team on +61415 978 686 or [email protected]
Small animal practitioner
Earliest Start Date:
Latest Start Date: