As a Registered Veterinary Nurse, you will be joining part of a well-established team of experienced nurses. You will be responsible for assisting the Veterinary Surgeons and other members of the nursing team, through monitoring of anaesthesia, pain management, Schedule-3 procedures, ward rounds, inpatient care, and nursing clinics, plus occasional reception cover. You will be able to develop good rapport with all team members and clients.
• Recently qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse or 2nd year Student Veterinary Nurse
• Up to date CPD (if applicable)
• Ability to work within a team containing persons with various levels of experience
• Great communication skills
• Willingness to learn and develop professionally
• Competitive salary
• Encouraged, supported and funded CPD
• IVC employee benefits
• 38.5 hours per week worked over 4.5 days
• Weekends shared on a rota basis
• No OOH
• Good holiday allowance
Facilities and who you’ll work with:
Single-site RCVS Accredited Small Animal Practice with separate dog, cat and isolation wards, separate theatre with multi-parameter monitoring system and heated operating table, imaging suite, large prep room, dental tub table, a dedicated laboratory and a veterinary ambulance. Other member of the team includes 3.5 FTE experienced Veterinary Surgeons, our Nursing Manager, Clinical Lead Nurse, 5 RVNs, 1 SVN, a dedicated reception team plus our Practice Manager.