Here at Hunt Vets we have a fantastic opportunity to welcome a new Veterinary Nurse to our dedicated, friendly, hardworking team. We value every member of our team and we encourage our Veterinary Nurses to put their training and skills to full use. No two days are the same and you will spend your time split equally between surgical and medical nursing cases. Details of working days/times are detailed below.
• 37.5 hours per week (over 4 days)
• Shift times are 8am-6pm or 8.30am-6.30pm
• Saturdays on a rota basis 8am-4pm (time back in lieu)
• No OOH’s or bank holiday requirements.
• A salary up to £22,500 (FTE 40-hour week) is on offer for the right candidate, dependent on experience.
Hunt’s Veterinary Clinics first opened its doors in 1966 & although we were originally mixed practice, we converted our clinics to cover small animal only in November 1997 and we’ve been caring for small animals ever since. We are an RCVS accredited small animal practice with three branches. Our branches are currently running as stand-alone practices to enable social distancing within the team. Each site is furnished to a high specification so that our high standards of care are uniform across all three sites. Our practices are light, bright and spacious. We have a fantastic working environment which is credit to our wonderful, friendly team. We want everyone in our team to really enjoy their role and although at times we can be very busy, we all pull together and support each other. They are hardworking and reliable and show exceptional customer care. We are really lucky to be based in a fantastic location! All three of our sites are just a short distance from the centre of Manchester for those of you that like the hustle and bustle of the City, but also just a short journey out to the beautiful Peak District National Park. Geographically, a perfect location to lay down roots!
The right candidate must be a Registered Veterinary Nurse with some post qualification experience although a final year SVN will also be considered. The successful applicant will be able to work as efficiently both when working alone or as part of the team. We need someone who is reliable but also fun too! The team are mega friendly and are eager to help in any way to support a new member of the family.
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Stockport, Cheshire, United Kingdom