At Canberra Vet Hospital, we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible care to our patients, whilst having fun at the same time. We are a young progressive team who truly believe in & support each other.
If you would like to join the Canberra Vet family and continue to learn and grow from your peers whilst offering the best patient care, keep reading!
Canberra Veterinary Hospital is one of only 59 Veterinary Hospitals in Australia to be recognised by the Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association (ASAVA) as an Accredited Veterinary Hospital of Excellence.
We have terrific staff who are passionate about providing high standards of veterinary care. We come to work to do what we enjoy – helping improve the lives and well-being of animals, and in turn doing the same for their owners.
Some of the key points about our hospital:
- 6 Veterinarians
- A 15 strong support team of highly trained and technically strong Vet Nurses, Administrators and Client Relations
- 6 Consult rooms
- Two state of the art operating theatres
- Large treatment room
- Digital rad, Dental rad, Endoscopy, Ultrasound, Ortho kits
- Good clients, who want the best treatment for their pets
- Passionate and committed to caring for our patients and clients.
- Proven experience in a fast pace reception/medical reception role, minimum 2 years.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Possess an excellent work ethic, is reliable and has a stable work history.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Motivated with high energy level.
- Intermediate to advance level of computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Thrives in a fast pace environment, with strong ability to multitask under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Able to work in a team environment, take direction and work autonomously.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure when faced with Veterinary emergencies.
Reception Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Answering extremely busy phone lines.
- Greeting and managing clients and patients.
- Scheduling appointments for multiple veterinarians.
- Client and patient data management.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Processing pet insurance claims.
- Providing administrative support to Veterinarians and Management.
- Cleaning of Reception areas.
- Helping clients with OTC products.
- Stock deliveries and unpacking.
Earliest Start Date: