VetPartners is a leading operator of Veterinarian Practices in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. VetPartners operate an independent “Join Us Stay You” model providing clinics with a high level of autonomy. VetPartners has significantly grown since entering the local market, currently operating 240+ Practices.
Each of our practices has a unique culture, as we believe that the vision for Veterinary Medicine should be cultivated at each clinic.
The Property Manager is responsible for the effective property management of a portfolio of 240 leasehold veterinary clinics. The Property Manager manages landlord relationships, oversees rent reviews, lease negotiation, manage refurbishments, source new sites and manage relocations, as well as manage any development of new sites. The Property manager will handle the development of an annual property strategy.
- Negotiate lease extensions and options for all expiring sites.
- Develop strong relationships with landlords
- Work with legal or insurance on any claims involving real estate
- Assist Practice Managers with the management of all recurring facility maintenance and service contracts, including assistance with emergency facility repairs/relocations and determining responsibility for maintenance between a landlord and VetPartners
- Review portfolio to optimise management of property management, preventative maintenance and repairs.
Portfolio Relocation or Expansion:
- Assist management and clinic leadership on expansion and relocation projects, in addition to developing and applying quantitative metrics and criteria to determine the return on hospital expansions/relocations investment.
- Project manage refurbishment including tendering works
- Keeps a repository of design plans and liaisons with key architects, town planners and developers to ensure optimal cost and design.
- Developing, selecting, and implementing energy efficiency initiatives to lower costs in partnership with landlords.
- Manage external vendor team to ensure the appropriate data and analytics are being collected to inform decision making
- Track and report key metrics in order to ensure external parties have an effective approach to cost savings.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes in relevant software systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 7-15 years property management, facilities management, and/or construction management experience.
- Consultative approach to identifying and assessing business opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels across an organisation
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Solid understanding of real estate practices and principles.
- Experience in understanding contracts and negotiations.