For the past 10 years, Hurstbourne Animal Hospital has serving the pets and owners on the East side of Louisville, KY with love and care. We eventually added the Bed-N-Biskit Pet Lodge in addition to our hospital to provide excellent care for your pets while you are away. Hurstbourne Animal Hospital and The Bed-N-Biskit Pet Lodge is a one-stop pet care facility. We offer veterinary care, lodging, grooming and services for geriatric or special needs pets.
We are extremely proud of our dedicated team. We hire only the best and most experienced employees to become a part of our team here at Hurstbourne Animal Hospital. Our team is filled with highly dedicated animal lovers who are well trained at their jobs. If you love helping people care for their pets, we would love for you to apply to join our team today!
Our pet groomers deliver high-quality grooming services to clients. The position is focused in both grooming and bathing dogs and cats. This position entails a large amount of individual work as well as teamwork with other veterinary staff.
A qualified applicant will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry and will possess the following skills:
- Utilize grooming instruments, including shears and dryers.
- Perform grooming services per client instructions.
- Comfort calming and working with nervous dogs to promote a positive experience.
- Positive attitude towards all pets and their owners as well as comfort with all breeds of dogs and cats.
- Direct customer service experience to establish a trusting bond with our clients and to handle potentially difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- High standard for cleanliness and the self-directedness to keep your workstation neat and tidy.
- Skilled in other areas including nail trims, ear cleaning, and anal gland expressing.
- Ability to receive feedback from clients.
- The position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary), and standing for long periods of time. At least 2 years of pet grooming experience required.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience as a professional groomer
- References required
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 2,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Louisville, Kentucky, United States