Southwood Animal Hospital, Inc is located in Warner Robins, GA. We are a full-service animal hospital and welcome dogs, cats, pocket pets and exotics. We provide a full range of medical services, including Digital Radiographs, Ultra Sound, In house Blood Work and Companion Laser Therapy. We also have on site professional groomers and boarding facility. We are proudly a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the Georgia Veterinary Medical Association (GVMA).
Here at Southwood our focus is on educating pet owners on how to provide the best care for their pets. That’s why we do all we can to provide our clients with information and tools that will help them make the best decisions in regards to their pet’s health. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
Our pet groomers deliver high-quality grooming services to clients. The position is focused in both grooming and bathing dogs and cats. This position entails a large amount of individual work as well as teamwork with other veterinary staff.
A qualified applicant will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry and will possess the following skills:
- Utilize grooming instruments, including shears and dryers.
- Perform grooming services per client instructions.
- Comfort calming and working with nervous dogs to promote a positive experience.
- Positive attitude towards all pets and their owners as well as comfort with all breeds of dogs and cats.
- Direct customer service experience to establish a trusting bond with our clients and to handle potentially difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- High standard for cleanliness and the self-directedness to keep your workstation neat and tidy.
- Skilled in other areas including nail trims, ear cleaning, and anal gland expressing.
- Ability to receive feedback from clients.
- The position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary), and standing for long periods of time. At least 2 years of pet grooming experience required.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience as a professional groomer
- References required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- Short Term Disability
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 2,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Warner Robbins, Georgia, United States