Animal Care of Ponte Vedra is a four-doctor, small animal practice. Conveniently, located close to the beautiful beaches, we have been serving our community with high quality care since 2010. We pride ourselves, with our low-stress appointments for patients and above and beyond customer service for our clients. We offer digital dental x-ray along with cold laser, surgical laser and ultrasound.
We dedicate ourselves to continual education and self-improvement both for the health of the pets we care for and our own development. We are in search of a compassionate and knowledgeable teammate to join our team!
Our pet groomers deliver high-quality grooming services to clients. The position is focused on grooming and bathing dogs. This position entails a large amount of individual work as well as teamwork with other veterinary staff.
A qualified applicant will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry and will possess the following skills:
- Utilize grooming instruments, including shears and dryers.
- Perform grooming services per client instructions.
- Comfort calming and working with nervous dogs to promote a positive experience.
- Positive attitude towards all pets and their owners as well as comfort with all breeds of dogs and cats.
- Direct customer service experience to establish a trusting bond with our clients and to handle potentially difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- High standard for cleanliness and the self-directedness to keep your workstation neat and tidy.
- Skilled in other areas including nail trims, ear cleaning, and anal gland expressing.
- Ability to receive feedback from clients.
- The position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary), and standing for long periods of time. At least 5 years of pet grooming experience required.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience as a professional groomer
- References required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 2,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Ponte Vedra, Florida, United States