You are responsible for bathing, drying and preparing dogs’ coats for grooming. You will also be responsible for trimming nails, cleaning ears, detangling and de-matting neglected coats. You will ensure that all services are performed in a timely manner, as well as ensure that all relevant information is communicated to the Groomer and to the client both pre-and post-grooming.
- Bathing, brushing, and drying all dogs in a safe and timely manner
- Checking anal glands on all dogs, and express if necessary
- Trimming nails, cleaning ears, and removing any eye crust
- Following all special instructions
- Ensuring that all relevant information is reported to Groomer and the parents in a timely manner
- Notifying Groomer of any abnormalities noticed on pet (ie: cysts, scabs, fleas, ticks, sores, anal gland issues, etc.)
- Ensuring all special instructions are accurate in our systems
- Ensuring the grooming rooms are clean, well supplied and all equipment is in working order
- Quality of service
- Frequency of relevant information communicated to parents
- Customer loyalty ratings
- Comfortable with all breeds and sizes of dogs.
- A genuine interest in the well-being of dogs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be physically fit to lift dogs 50+ lbs, kneel, stand for long periods of time and perform requirements of the job.
Earliest Start Date:
Independece, Missouri, United States