No Phone Calls
Are you looking for a new fun and fast-paced job working with animals? Come join us at Swift Creek Pet Resort in Midlothian, VA! We are looking for a full-time Team Lead who is an energetic, passionate, caring, and motivated individual who is looking for long-term employment. We strive to set a standard of excellence in animal care, so we provide hands-on training for this hard and rewarding work.
Candidates who are professional in appearance, experienced in animal care, exhibit strong communication skills, work well with a team, and have a passion for caring for animals are a welcomed addition to our team. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Observe animal appearance and activity for the general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease, and/or discontent.
- Handle and/or restrain animals as required. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Feed and medicate animals (including oral, topical, and injectable medications).
- Help management oversee the daily operation of the Pet Resort by leading the kennel attendant team through animal caretaking, cleaning, bathing, and other duties as needed.
- Helps supervise, train, and coach new team members.
- Communicate with team members, clients, and colleagues in an organized, thorough, and professional manner.
- Manage daily deposits and financial reports.
- Help manage inventory and supplies.
- Help walk all boarded dogs several times a day to provide exercise and time for the elimination of bowel and bladder. 6:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 3:00 PM, and 7:00 PM. Monitor the outside play yard throughout the day.
- Clean, disinfect, and maintain kennels, cages, and runs as often as is necessary to ensure no cages or runs are soiled and odors are not apparent. Perform general cleaning in other areas of the hospital to control the spread of disease. Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
No Phone Calls
Earliest Start Date:
Midlothian, Virginia, United States