The North Shore Veterinary Hospital (NSVH) is seeking an enthusiastic, patient care focused Full Time Medicine Veterinary Nurse within our busy referral hospital.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside boarded Specialists in Internal Medicine to deliver all aspects of advanced nursing care to an exceptional standard. Based in a brand new, purpose-built hospital with the latest equipment in an accessible location on Sydney’s lower North Shore.
No previous experience in a referral setting is necessary as we have the staff, facilities and capability to provide the training required to be a valued member of the team.
At NSVH, we pride ourselves on having friendly, sociable teams with a great support network within the VetPartners community, allowing for potential career development and progression.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Apply and adapt your clinical nursing skills to medicine focused caseload including, but not limited to, chemotherapy, endoscopy, radiology and critical care.
- Liaise with specialists and interns on delivering high-end patient care
- Use of Smart Flow system to assess and record patient vitals, identify and report abnormalities.
- Work as an integral part of the team in contributing to and partaking in continuing professional development
- Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent) and preferably a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience
- Be willing to learn and develop advanced nursing skills
- Ability to work well within a close-knit team and adapt to changing work environments and schedules
What we offer:
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- A varied and interesting case-load
- Training in advanced internal medicine nursing skills
- The opportunity to challenge and expand your knowledge and skillset
- Continuing education opportunities
- Sociable working hours with potential to pick up extra occasional emergency shifts if desired.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Satellite location #1