We are seeking an enthusiastic Medical Director to join our team at Bogey Hills Animal Hospital!
Our well-established small animal practice is located in St. Charles, Missouri. For the past 30 years we have proudly served our community and surrounding suburbs within St. Louis. We embrace a collaborative team approach to ensure the best care for every patient allowing us to continue to advance our level of medicine.
Our cozy facility houses 4 exam rooms, 2 table treatment areas and a surgery suite. In order to provide top notch quality medicine, we are equipped with diagnostic tools and offer an array of services.
- Digital Radiography
- Ultrasound (MyLab5) machine
- Midmark high speed, water-cooled drill, ultrasonic scaler, and Digital Dental X-ray.
- PAW Plans
- In house laboratory (Idexx) utilized for blood chemistries/electrolytes, CBC, complete urinalysis, and ELISA tests. Full service external clinical and pathology laboratory also used.
- Paper lite medical records with the newest AVIMark system
- Complete pharmacy which houses a large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments.
We are a Cat Friendly Practice & Fear Free Certified!
We offer an attractive compensation & benefit package that includes…
- Starting Base Salary of $100,000 + production
- Up to $50,000 bonus potential to include Sign-on, Retention and/or Student Loan repayment, and Relocation Assistance
- Quarterly Leadership Bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, ancillary coverage & 401K match
- Attractive PTO and schedule that will provide a healthy work-life Balance – 4-days per week, and rotating Saturdays
- CE, Paid Licensing, DEA, dues & fees + Discounts on Pet Insurance, Wee Care & ClassPass
Medical Director Leadership Qualities, Responsibilities & Qualifications include:
We are looking for someone who will foster a positive, supportive environment that will encourage learning and collaboration across our team. We want someone who instills teamwork! You should be passionate about providing quality medicine, client education, and exceptional service to our loyal clientele.
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversee surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answer client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provide oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
- Establish medical protocols.
- Oversee transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
- Be passionate about Mentoring other Associates
- Monitor Doctor performance and production.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensure all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure
- Drive revenue and contribute to hospital growth, including managing hospital expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
- Monitors key financial reports.
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
- Embrace change and support interests within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and growth initiatives.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Missouri
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
If you are passionate about Leadership, we want to hear from you!
Please apply for more information & visit our website www.bogeyhillsvet.com
Earliest Start Date:
St. Charles, Missouri, United States