Medical Director Position
Dogs and Cats Veterinary Referral (DCVR) is a specialty hospital and 24-hour emergency center providing advanced veterinary medical care to the DC Metropolitan Area since 2003. Our mission is to provide each pet with individualized, quality care through collaboration, education, integrity, and compassion. It is our vision that each team member will make a positive impact on every patient and family in need of our care.
Why choose DCVR?
The Medical Director has the responsibility of providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. They are also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered. In partnership with the existing Hospital Leadership Team, the Medical Director is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, as well as meeting budget expectations.
Leadership Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
Leading Clinical Staff and Practice
Growing the Practice
• Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
• Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
• Monitors client service, marketing, and hospital growth initiatives.
• Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices and service line expansions that improve the growth of the practice.
DCVR ideal candidate:
• Board-certified Criticalist, Surgeon or Internist
• Values integrity, exhibits superior communication, displays excellent client service + patient care
• Strong skill set to build and foster a strong clinical team
• A collaborative leader who will match and embrace DCVR’s culture
Location: Bowie, MD- within 30 minutes of Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Annapolis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status (physical or mental), protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bowie, Maryland, United States