NVA Pet Resorts is seeking to hire a Market Leader to meet the demands of our rapid growth This position will oversee the Tampa and South Florida/Fort Lauderdale markets.
The Market Leader is responsible for overall resort performance within an assigned area, generally 6 -10 resorts depending on various factors. The Market Leader leads all area resort operations, local marketing initiatives, recruits, develops and coaches resort managers, builds sales and profit while maintaining high operating standards. They are also accountable for the success of the area by following company guidelines, policies and procedures. This position will sit remotely and oversee the Tampa and South Florida/Fort Lauderdale areas
Based in Greater Los Angeles, National Veterinary Associates (“NVA”) is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals and pet resorts in North America, with 700+ companion animal veterinary hospitals and pet resort locations.
NVA has grown rapidly over its history and continues to aggressively execute its growth plans via a combination of acquisition, de novo and same-store initiatives. NVA’s pet resorts business line competes in an $8+ billion industry that has grown over 5% year over year since 2015. As of 2019 over 67% of US households have a pet; industry growth has benefitted from the trends towards humanization of pets and demand for premium/luxury offerings in the animal care and goods space.
- Ensure excellent operations are consistently executed and achieved.
- Provide guidance and leadership to our General Managers in the delivery of outstanding guest experience, resort operations, labor scheduling, inventory management, resort marketing and resort profit & loss (P&L).
- Plan, identify, communicate and delegate responsibilities throughout the area to ensure excellent operations are consistently achieved.
- Lead their designated area in the implementation of company initiatives by working with the General Managers and the Regional Leader on action plans and timelines. Ensure the area follows the companies’ operational policies and procedures.
- Constantly review site operations with General Managers and related reports to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement and implement solutions. Follow up on execution; share ideas across different sites. Provide feedback and ideas to Regional Leader on a regular basis.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Financial / Business
- Manage the area P&L by tracking expenses vs. annual budget, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action. Ensure strategy to meet financial targets is created and being executed by the General Managers.
- Support General Managers with requests for capital expenses at the resort level.
- Collaborate with General Managers to generate area sales growth by developing strategic short and long term marketing plans, ensuring the resorts consistently deliver a positive guest experience, and executing local resort marketing initiatives.
- Own local marketing strategy, follow up on execution of corporate strategy. Assist General Managers with ROI, decisions, and expertise in marketing plan.
- Participates in root cause visits for action plan creation of Hot Spots. Drives ownership of action plan with General Manager.
- Owns the transition of newly acquired or newly built resorts into their market.
- Responsible for the selection, development and performance of General Managers and subordinate managers .
- Provide coaching and feedback to resort managers and assess performance on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with General Managers to set personal development goals in order to build their skills and abilities for career progression.
- Lead a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and resort accomplishments. Challenges and inspires resort management team to achieve business results.
- Coach General Managers in team member recruiting, development, performance management, and retention in order to ensure the resort is properly staffed, turnover goals are met and succession planning is in place.
- Lead the area with integrity and knowledge that promotes the culture and beliefs of the company.
- Lead area succession planning by identifying talent internally and externally and developing that talent into resort leaders.
- Ability to achieve results through leadership and management of others. Ability to lead through influence and can also effectively manage up to key leaders.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor General Managers.
- Must have experience in delegation, holding others accountable, business planning and communicating across a dispersed group of General Managers.
- Strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in hiring and staffing, training and the on-going management of a multi-site resort staff is required.
- Strong delegation experience including; holding others accountable, business planning and communicating across a diverse group of General Managers.
- Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Articulate and solid communicator with effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrated management of all applicable resort regulatory areas, to include: employee safety, OSHA, wage & hour, immigration, etc.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and travel up to 80% of the time.
- Valid Driver’s License, current insurance that includes comprehensive, collision coverage, and a vehicle you are willing to transport a pet in during an emergency.
- Minimum of five years of prior retail/restaurant/hospitality experience including strong single-unit performance and some experience leading/managing multi-unit initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in management with complete P&L responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Tampa-Remote, Florida, United States