Honegger Animal Clinic, located outside of Fort Wayne, IN, is looking for an Managing DVM to join our practice
Joint Venture / Buy-In Opportunity – 10% ownership opportunity
Up to $100,000 in bonuses. See below for more details…
Honegger Animal Clinic is a well-established small animal veterinary hospital located 15 minutes south of Fort Wayne, IN. We have been in business for 45 years and pride ourselves on a family oriented collaborative clinic. The culture of our clinic is based on excellent patient care and great client communication. We use a team approach with our staff consisting of 2 veterinarians, 4 registered technicians, 2 receptionists, and a hospital manager. We encourage our staff in work/life balance by providing emergency call in the evenings and weekends, handled by NIVES our emergency clinic in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
We’re looking for a small animal veterinarian experience in surgery/dentistry. For candidates interested in ownership, we’ll consider offering a 10% buy-in opportunity for the right candidate. Once integrated with the practice and community, you would then smoothly transition to the JV Partner/Managing Veterinarian.
The responsibilities as the JV partner include continuing to grow the business, provide exceptional medical care to our patients, leading the decision making process for medical protocols, staffing, manage associate veterinarians, assuring regulatory compliance, leadership development and provide overall medical leadership for the hospital. The Managing Veterinarian role is responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are consistently delivered.
The Managing Veterinarian partners with the Hospital Manager (Field/Divisional leadership team) to drive financial performance and general operations of the hospital and to more broadly cultivate a supportive and collaborative team environment. This hospital-level team is supported by their KIT Divisional Leadership who provides practice management training, reporting, and ongoing resources to develop a best in class hospital. The hospital is one of many that report into this KIT division, so the Managing Veterinarian can expect to network with and learn from peers in similar roles in veterinary clinics nearby.
The Managing Veterinarian reports directly to the NVA KIT Division Lead.
About Our Hospital
- Digital and Digital Dental Radiography
- Therapeutic laser therapy
- Paperless Avimark computer system
- EKG telemedicine with cardiologist
- Surgical monitors, EKG digital, IV pumps, tonopen, warming blankets
- High and low speed dental equipment
- Traveling ultrasound and radiology referral with board certified radiologist
Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
- Establishes medical protocols and provides appropriate training to associate doctors.
- Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction of medical standards and quality of care.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for associate doctors and, when appropriate, general staff members.
- Monitors associate doctor performance and production.
- Provides mentorship, feedback, and guidance to associate doctors both in the moment and via the structured annual review process.
- Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
- Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth. Assists associate doctors in achieving agreed-upon production levels by providing clear guidance for the appropriate level of medicine and compliance by our clients.
- Manages to appropriate medical expenses; ensures pricing is appropriate and that all clients are charged for the services they receive.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget, and capital budget.
- Monitors, understands, and acts upon key financial reports.
- As JV you will share in expenses and profits of the hospital. You will invest in the hospital through driving performance, sharing and earning additional compensation in ownership.
Growing the Practice
- Maintains and builds the reputation of the clinic it the community; encourages positive ongoing community involvement.
- Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
- Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
- Understands the need and opportunity to add doctors to the practice when necessary.
Benefits, Bonuses & Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Insurance- Medical, Dental, Vision, Malpractice, Disability
- 401K plans
- Continuing education allowance
- Employee Discounts
- Paid dues for AVMA, IVMA, State license and DEA dues
- Paid Vacation 14 days
Up to $100,000 in bonuses – INCENTIVE OFFERS INCLUDE:
- Up to $45,000 sign-on bonus
- Up to $45,000 student loan assistance
- Additional CE dollars to pursue special interest (acupuncture, dentistry, exotics)
- Up to $55,000 retention bonus
- 1 year family pass to the Fort Wayne Zoo, rated 7th best zoo in the U.S. by Trip Advisor.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Indiana
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
- Engages with NVA leadership effectively in order to drive outcomes at the clinic level.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Previous ownership experience is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.