North Branch Veterinary Hospital, located in North Branch MN, is seeking a Managing Veterinarian for our busy, rapidly growing practice (Generous Sign-on/Retention Bonus and Relocation).
We offer our clients the best care and take pride in our customer service. North Branch offers the North Branch animal community medical, surgical, and dental veterinary care. Because we have an in-house pharmacy, lab, radiology facilities, and Intensive Care Unit, our facility enables you to make one stop for your pet’s medical care.
We are open for appointments during normal business hours, some evenings, and Saturdays (half day). We are closed on Sundays. We are available for emergencies and also work closely with a 24-hour emergency clinic. Interest in exotics and emergency would be great but not necessary.
About our Hospital:
- Digital x-ray
- Dental digital
- Complete Idexx Lab
- Blood pressure
More information at: http://northbranchvet.com/
- Highly competitive base salary
- Health Insurance
- 100% Liability coverage
- 401 (K) plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid State License and DEA
The Managing Doctor is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing Doctor is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing Doctor is responsible for the financial performance and general operations of the hospital under the guidance of Divisional Leadership. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing Doctor are responsible for cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
- Establishes medical protocols.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
- Monitors Doctor performance and production.
- Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
- Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
- Monitors key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
- Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
- Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Earliest Start Date:
North Branch, Minnesota, United States