South Temecula Veterinary Hospital in Temecula, CA is seeking an Associate DVM to join our practice.
South Temecula Veterinary Hospital is an established, busy yet fun 4 doctor small animal practice located in scenic Temecula Valley, a short distance from wine country. We provide health care, surgical and boarding services 7 days a week and are closed most major holidays. We pride ourselves on providing individualized service, exceeding medical standards, and allowing the flexibility for each doctor to practice with flexible protocols.
More information at www.stvh.net .
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
• Average support staff to doctor ratio of 3:1
• Newest version of Avimark, paper-light practice; new hardware and phone system
• Dedicated reception team
• 4 Exam rooms
• 20+ minute appointments; rotating surgery days; scheduled lunch breaks & follow-up times
• In-house hematology analyzers: IDEXX ProCyte Dx, Catalyst DX, SnapShot DX, and Coag DX
• FeLV/FIV, heartworm, parvo SNAP tests
• Microscopy & in-house cultures
• IDEXX digital radiography
• IDEXX telemedicine services including radiology consults, ECG, and ultrasound
• Isoflurane anesthesia with SpO2, ECG, BP monitoring
• Two dental stations with digital dental radiography
• Dedicated surgery suite with CO2 laser
• Mobile specialists in area include: surgery, ultrasound, cardiology; other nearby specialty hospitals for referrals that cannot be accommodated in-house
• CE opportunities for all staff
• No after-hours on-call – we refer to one of 2 local emergency hospitals after hours
About Temecula, CA:
You’ll never be bored with the host of activities affluent yet affordable Temecula has to offer, all with a cost of living 5.1% below the California average! A popular tourist destination with a population just over 100,000, Temecula hosts many wineries and vineyards, spas and resorts, golf courses, casinos, shopping, wonderful restaurants, and famous Old Town! Stunning San Diego is just 60 miles south and Los Angeles only 90 miles northwest. With a Mediterranean climate and 276 days of sunshine per year, outdoor opportunities abound with nearby lakes, hiking trails, mountains, camping, and even skiing/snowboarding at Big Bear! SoCal’s famous beaches are less than an hour away for those who prefer to get their kicks at sea level with cruises, whale watching, surfing, sailing, or deep sea fishing. Raising a family? Temecula boasts many parks and trails, youth sports, and its schools are consistently ranked as having the highest Academic Performance Indices within Riverside County.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Temecula, California, United States