National Veterinary Associates (NVA™) is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals, pet resorts and specialty pet hospitals with over 1,000 locations in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Each general practice hospital, specialty hospital, and pet resort operates under its own brand. With rapid annual growth through acquisition, NVA needs people with the ability and knowledge to support the continued rapid growth of a large and complex organization.
A cornerstone of the NVA culture is a servant leadership approach to our business, our hospitals, our pet resorts and our teams. We find people who exemplify the same servant leadership approach are best suited for NVA. We are a community dedicated to the love of animals and the people who love animals.
Reporting to and working with the Associate General Counsel for Commercial Transactions, to mark-up, review and help draft various types of commercial contracts, including vendor contracts, technology contracts, procurement contracts, services contracts, event and marketing contracts, master service agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOW) and confidentiality agreement (NDAs) and obtaining necessary signatures from all parties.
- Assisting with drafting and proofreading documents, reviewing contracts, and ensuring compliance with the Company’s legal policies, procedures, and internal controls, including those from our finance, operations, and technology services departments.
- Working closely to collaborate and coordinate with corporate headquarter business partners across the enterprise, at all levels and to incorporate those edits and changes into contract draft and to ensure timely execution of contracts, inquires and correspondence.
- Organizing and maintaining contracts in various databases, including the contract management system and SharePoint.
- Managing workflow and assist colleagues in various assignments — requiring utmost flexibility and diplomacy, ensuring all details are meticulously thought out and communicated.
- Performing special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-5 years of legal contract drafting experience required, commercial contract and technology agreement drafting strongly preferred.
- Meaningful experience with contract negotiation is a plus.
- Proficient in using contract management systems (CMS).
- Meaningful experience with and knowledge about technology systems, and related data privacy & security laws is a plus.
- Meaningful experience with working within or supporting a procurement department is a plus.
- Having a basic working knowledge of GAAP financial accounting is a plus.
- Meaningful experience with anti-trust laws is a plus.
- Working at a public company is a plus.
- Extremely proficient in MS-suite, especially Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; paralegal certificate is a plus.
- Must be poised — with grace under pressure.
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making abilities, and attention to detail are essential.
- A high EQ with the ability to read situations and respond accordingly.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects is a must.
- High ‘get it done’ quotient.
- Extremely diligent and detail-oriented with superior organization skills.
- Flexible and motivated to take ownership of projects and demonstrate follow-through.
- Being local to the Agoura Hills, CA support center is a plus.
NVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check and drug screen.
*This role is not open to receiving agency candidates and any contingent submissions wi ll not be honored.