National Veterinary Associates (NVA) is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals and pet resorts in the United States, owning over 1000 hospitals/resorts in the US and Canada. The company is backed by JAB holding, a leading private equity firm, and led by a proven management team that includes MBAs from Harvard, Columbia, and Wharton and former management consultants from BCG, Bain, McKinsey and Accenture. Competing in a $25B industry that has grown faster than GDP over 20+ years, the company has grown rapidly over the past 20 years, and continues to do so, via acquisition, de novo, and same-store initiatives.
A cornerstone of the NVA culture is a servant leadership approach to our business, our hospitals, our pet resorts and our teams. We find people who exemplify the same servant leadership approach are best suited for NVA. We are a community dedicated to the love of animals and the people who love animals.
Job duties may include:
• Assisting in heavy drafting and proofing of employment agreements, severance agreements, general releases and waivers.
• Monitoring during the proofing process for compliance in areas such as wage and hour, paid sick leave and non-compete.
• Collaborating with employment and litigation counsel as needed in drafting sample wording for employment agreements.
• Researching relevant statues, rulings, and regulations to be used as a basis to field employment law questions and concerns in correspondence to updating various employment contracts.
• Working closely with division leadership and hospital management to ensure timely execution of contracts, inquiries, and correspondence.
• Managing workflow and assist colleagues in various assignments — requiring utmost flexibility and diplomacy, ensuring all details are meticulously thought out and communicated.
• Performing special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 3-5 years of legal contract drafting experience required, employment contract drafting strongly preferred.
• Strong preference for candidate with at least 3 years of employment law experience.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; paralegal certificate is preferred.
• Extensive legal research skills required.
• Proficient in WestlawNext.
• Extremely proficient in MS-suite, especially Word.
• Must be poised — with grace under pressure.
• Professional-level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making abilities, and attention to detail are essential.
• A high EQ with the ability to read situations and respond accordingly.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects is a must.
• High ‘get it done’ quotient.
Agoura Hills, United States