Come work at Denton Veterinary Center where our mission is to improve lives through personalized care! We are a 4 doctor small animal practice providing patient care to the rapidly growing community of Denton, Texas which is about 40 miles north of Dallas. In addition to our patient care services such as wellness exams and preventative care, we also offer ultrasonography, Co2 laser therapy, orthopaedic surgery as well as partnering with Denton Animal Support Foundation to help less fortunate pets and owners. We strive to provide Continuing Education to our employees so they can all be as knowledgeable as possible! Denton Veterinary Center is here to help advocate for the pets. Apply today!
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Responsible for the ongoing evaluation and management of clinical practices as well as the delivery of patient care.
- Responsible for monitoring associate doctor performance and production.
- In conjunction with hospital manager, helps drive financial performance of the hospital including revenue generation and expense management.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up–to–date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow–up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up–to–date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Texas
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience, preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a veterinarian, preferred
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Have the ability to lead the team through a variety of cases
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Must be proficient in surgery
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Earliest Start Date:
Denton, Texas, United States