Welcome to Nippers Corner Pet Medical Center in Nashville! Our full-service animal hospital, pet grooming, and pet boarding facility serves the needs of pets and their owners in Brentwood, Nashville, and the surrounding communities. The experienced veterinarians and professional staff provide compassionate care for your pet at every stage of life.
We provide a full range of services to meet the medical care, surgical care, and dental care needs of pets in Brentwood and South Nashville. Our cutting-edge veterinary hospital is equipped to provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive care for vaccinations, wellness exams, and nutritional counseling, as well as emergency care, critical care, treatments for health problems, and surgeries.
Nippers Corner Pet Medical Center is a state of the art animal hospital offering services for the health, wellness, and safety of your pet. We have a boarding facility and provide loving care in a safe and comfortable environment when you cannot be with your pet. Pet bathing and pet grooming services are available, including clipping, bathing, de-shedding treatments, nail trimming, and dental cleaning.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Tennessee
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Earliest Start Date:
Nashville, Tennessee, United States