Parmer Lane Pet Hospital is located in Cedar Park, Texas and has been serving the community since 2006. We are a full-service animal hospital providing veterinary care to dogs and cats. We proudly welcome both emergency treatment cases as well as pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Here at Parmer Lane we are dedicated to providing the highest level of veterinary medicine along with friendly, compassionate service. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
The Lead Veterinarian is responsible for providing high quality care to our patients while also developing rapport with their owners. In addition to physical examinations, surgeries, and dentistry, client communication and client education are of the upmost importance. It’s important that SVP Veterinarians treat each pet and client like part of the family.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Texas
- Professional demeanor and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Have the ability to lead the team through a variety of cases
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Must be proficient in surgery
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience, preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a veterinarian, required
- Proficiency in Avimark a plus.
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Earliest Start Date:
Cedar Park, Texas, United States