Village Way Veterinary Hospital is a 4 doctor, small animal practice that opened its doors in 1987. The extremely pet friendly community boasts a small town feel in a beautiful location. We provide some unique services in our modern hospital such as laser therapy, orthopedic surgery, platelet rich plasma procedures as well as stem cell therapy. We are a hard working and compassionate staff that will treat every pet as if it were our own! If you are someone that has strong customer service skills, a readiness to learn, and are a great team player we encourage you to apply today!
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Responsible for the ongoing evaluation and management of clinical practices as well as the delivery of patient care.
- Responsible for monitoring associate doctor performance and production.
- In conjunction with hospital manager, helps drive financial performance of the hospital including revenue generation and expense management.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of North Carolina
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience, preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a veterinarian, required
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Have the ability to lead the team through a variety of cases
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Must be proficient in surgery
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Earliest Start Date:
Advance, North Carolina, United States