Wilmington Animal Healthcare is a full-service AAHA accredited veterinary medical facility, located in Wilmington, NC. The professional and courteous staff at Wilmington Animal Healthcare seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for their highly-valued patients. We pride ourselves on our level of care and compassion. We believe that when we are asked to care for someone’s pet that we are invited into a special relationship and that this is a compliment and privilege.
Our mission is to provide the most advanced and compassionate health care available to pets, and to provide exceptional service to clients at every visit.
The Kennel Assistant is responsible for providing a clean, efficient and healthy environment for the animals being treated or boarded at the hospital. A day in the life of a Kennel Assistant:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
- Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
- Monitor and record important information about the animals’ conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Walk animals three times a day.
- Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Assistant of unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Clean treatment, exam, surgery and lab areas daily.
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
- Assist the Doctor and Veterinary Technicians/Assistants with restraint and treatment of animals.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians/Assistants in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend/holiday shifts.
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Previous experience as a kennel technician.
- Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- A large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States