Cares for pets in animal hospital facilities. Feeds and waters animals according to schedules. Controls and restrains animals as required. Cleans, changes, and disinfects cages, pens, yards; sanitizes animal rooms, hallways, and ancillary equipment. Transfers animals between quarters. Exercises animals. No prior work experience required.
Gregg Animal Hospital in Columbia, SC is looking to add experienced talent into their growing Team! Our hospital specializes in compassionate, progressive small animal veterinary medicine providing high quality patient care and top-notch service to the community of animal lovers! We pride ourselves on being a fun, collaborative, and supportive environment where you can flourish and grow in your veterinary career.
Columbia, SC has an abundance of activities to enjoy on your day off. Whether you enjoy heading to the beach for the day, hitting the nature trails, or getting your kayak in the water – there is something for everyone to enjoy!
What You can Expect
• A team that operates and feels like a family. We pride ourselves on a welcoming environment where team members feel safe to learn and seek guidance from each other.
• Technicians fully utilize their skills to provide a wide range of treatments and procedures.
• A great learning environment! Our tenured team of technicians enjoy having the opportunity to mentor and guide newer technicians. They work hard to support and encourage each other and love to celebrate wins, big or small.
• Quality Medicine. Our team of Doctors and Technicians utilize state of the art equipment to perform advanced techniques providing excellent care and treatment services.
• Work-Life Balance is a top priority
• We like to have fun – our days may be busy, but like to laugh, joke, and have fun while we get the job done!
• Prior veterinary experience preferred
• Willingness to learn and be taught new techniques
• Outstanding client service and exceptional patient care
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Team player who is willing to take initiative to jump in and help the team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Kennel technicians, also known as a kennel assistants or kennel techs, oversee the animals that board and the kennels they stay in. As a kennel technician, duties include cleaning and maintaining the kennels, giving pets their food and medication(s), walking dogs, and providing grooming and bathing services. Kennel technicians work closely with veterinarians and veterinary technicians, who oversee the animal’s health while they are boarding
Employee Pet Discount
Paid Time Off
Short Term/Long Term Disability
For more information about our hospital, please visit www.gregganimal.com
Columbia, South Carolina, United States