Greater Annapolis Veterinary Hospital is seeking fulltime kennel assistants to help provide outstanding patient care and client service in our fast-paced, multi-doctor animal hospital! We are looking for someone who can support our team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Applicants must demonstrate professionalism, dependability, positive communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. Our next team member will be an energetic people-and-pet person with excellent work ethic with great organizational skills. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
The Kennel Assistant is responsible for providing a clean, efficient and healthy environment for the animals being treated or boarded at the hospital. A day in the life of a Kennel Assistant:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
- Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
- Monitor and record important information about the animals’ conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Walk animals four times a day.
- Notify the Kennel Manager or Supervisor on shift of any unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
- Assist the Doctor and technicians with restraint and treatment of animals.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians/Assistants in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients.
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexible schedule including morning, night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must beable to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Previous experience as a kennel assistant is a plus but not mandatory
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off -After first year of employment.
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Earliest Start Date:
Annapolis, Maryland, United States