National Veterinary Associates (NVA) is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals and pet resorts in the United States, owning over 900 hospitals/resorts in the US and Canada. The company is backed by JAB holding, a leading private equity firm, and led by a proven management team that includes MBAs from Harvard, Columbia, and Wharton and former management consultants from BCG, Bain, McKinsey and Accenture. Competing in a $25B industry that has grown faster than GDP over 20+ years, the company has grown rapidly over the past 20 years, and continues to do so, via acquisition, de novo, and same-store initiatives.
NVA is seeking a Delivery Manager (IT) to lead project implementations and applications support. The IT Delivery Manager will oversee direct reports and will be responsible to deliver quality products and services that meet business requirement. As a team leader, the delivery manager will have strong communication skills to motivate and encourage employees. They will also possess strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with cross-functional business partners and customers. Must have strong leadership skills and information technology experience.
This position will require up to 25% travel.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Manage Technical Implementation & Support Team
- Responsible for the success of software implementations and ongoing product support for CLOUD technologies
- Manage and lead a team of technical software implementation & support specialists (full-time and contractors)
- Provide support, direction and mentorship in tech support and service delivery
- Provide regular two-way communication between customer and team to provide strong team representation and set proper customer expectations
- Ensure that customer issues are addressed in an efficient and timely manner, and engaging or informing appropriate Organization Management, as required
- Manage and facilitate meetings to drive decisions and ensure teams are improving performance, service, and product quality
- Create presentations and present to leadership and field teams (customers)
Act as a cross-functional business partner
- Build relationships and earn trust with cross-functional business partners and customers (finance, IT, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Security, customers, etc.)
- Serve as the primary product and applications contact for vendors, business partners and customers
- Responsible for supporting the customer’s needs
- Research, implement and maintain best practices in help desk and IT support
- Track and report on outages to the customer and Organization Management
Promote Products & Applications
- Partner with the business to identify opportunity for enhancements using technology
- Assist in identifying software vendors in the direct marketplace and other industries
- Support Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Conduct product technical evaluations and participate in product demos
- Conduct buy vs build analysis
- Design technical solutions including integrations
- Manage and present product and support scorecards
- Become an applications and product subject matter expert
- Manage key vendor relationships, product development, invoicing, and escalations
- Partner with the business to identify and prioritize product enhancements, third party integrations and upgrades
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven IT solutions delivery experience (min 5 years)
- Experience in applications development and/or packaged software implementation (ERP, CRM etc.)
- Experience implementing API integrations
- Experience with BI technologies and reporting tools will be a Big Plus
- Experience in delivering customer-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle conflict resolution – across internal Organization and Customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill (English)
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to influence effectively at all levels of the organization
NVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check and drug screen.
*This role is not open to receiving agency candidates and any contingent submissions will not be honored.