The Intern Director Coordinator will develop and manage a structured intern program at Conejo Valley Veterinary Hospital. The program will drive CVVH’s retention of quality DVMs as well as build our brand reputation throughout the veterinary medicine university system. Upon completion of the intern program, interns will be highly qualified DVMs in general practice, emergency medicine, small mammal medicine, and exotic animal medicine.
• Create a structure for the internship program that allows interns to progress through different stages of DVM development and personal growth.
• Manage the interns through the different program rotations ensuring they are ready to progress from one phase of the program to the next.
• Create and maintain a calendar that tracks intern progress through the different intern rotations.
• Develop a handbook for the interns to reference. The handbook should include items such as how to use the computer systems at CVVH, key processes, and procedures, as well as other knowledge to succeed as an intern.
• Develop and manage the intern orientation. Ensure all interns have access to the right DVMs, techs, and resources so they can be successful at CVVH.
• Create a feedback system that allows interns to receive formal and informal feedback on their performance throughout their internship.
• Manage the Match Program by reviewing and interviewing all intern applicants and ranking the applicants for the match.
• Provide mentorship to the interns that enable them to develop the skills necessary to become outstanding doctors at CVVH
Thousand Oaks, California, United States