is a clinic that truly cares about your pets’ well-being.
We are a Best Practice Accredited Hospital
(the 3rd in the country to achieve this) and an internationally accredited Cat-Friendly Clinic
. Surrounded by stunning beaches and fabulous wildlife, Dunedin is one of the best-preserved Victorian cities in the Southern Hemisphere and the second largest city in the South Island of New Zealand. There are excellent education facilities from primary through to university and numerous adventures throughout Otago to be had on your downtime. With Queenstown just a scenic drive away, you’re spoiled for choice in activities and the beauty New Zealand has to offer.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Veterinarian to join the clinic as a Lead Veterinarian/Hospital Director. If you’re currently looking for a step up, a clinic that supports and encourages further development, high standards of care and have an interest in leadership, this role is for you.
This role will allow you to jump on board and add value to a hospital that already has detailed development plans, a strong management team and gold standards of care. Humanimals is a dedicated and busy small animal veterinary practice.
The clinic is equipped with the following:
- Qualified and NZVNA Accredited veterinary nurses
- Low-Stress Handling
- Complete in-house laboratory (IDEXX)
- Digital radiography
- Extensive and modern dental equipment, including digital radiography
- Theatre suite run to exceptionally high protocols backed up by external hygiene audits, and exacting anaesthesia monitoring with multi-parameters and dedicated staff
- Expanding orthopaedic services
- CE and VIN fully funded
- Evenly split roster 1:5 including on call
Clinic hours: Monday – Friday 8am-7pm, Saturday 9am-4pm & Sunday 9:30am-3:30pm. On call 24/7. Features of our clinic include:
- Five-vet team large roster overlap to provide plenty of support.
- A supportive, enthusiastic and technically strong nursing team
- Strong practice manager to support you and have your back
- Well-equipped new, clean hospital with excellent facilities.
- Dedicated receptionists.
- Open 7 days a week with after-hours nursing support and excellent relationships with referral centres.
- 5+ years of experience in small animal practice
- Strong medical and surgical knowledge, high standards of clinical care
- Ideally advanced veterinary qualifications
- Interest in leadership, business development and management (dedicated office time will be rostered).
- A warm, mature fun personality with extraordinary communication skills and an absolute team player.
- Someone who can connect with clients from all demographics and backgrounds.
- Someone who leads by example both in your professional duties and your staff interactions.
- Embraces and nurtures a family-friendly work environment.
- Displays drive and a strong work ethic that will be appreciated and rewarded.